Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Disconnected

Disconnected.
The business and noise
of the people.
Teachers preaching,
Preachers teaching,
Students crying, lying, trying
to find You.

In an atmosphere of grace,
In this place of like-minded people,
Where are You?

I hear the bands play, pray, say
That You are here.
The vibrations of the melodies move me.
Physically? Spiritually?
My eyes are closed.
Or am I blind?

Hollowness.
Emptiness.
Losing control.

Where is Your still small voice?

Away from this place.
This sea of searching people.
Away from the noise and chaos
Of sameness.

Awaken me,
Shake me,
Change me,
Break me.

Screaming lyrics of praise.
Barriers broken, walls fall apart.
Eyes open to see
Your majesty.
The creativity of the Creator
Astonishing.
My heart is overwhelmed.

A quiet whisper in the waves,
I am here.

Music blaring while driving along the coast.

Amazing Creativity. Malibu, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment